Thursday, May 2, 2013

False Creek Circuit

This is a favourite walk because it is flat, scenic, interesting and changing. Also, it ends at the Granville Island Public Market where I can buy lovely fresh produce for dinner.

But I wasn't motivated at first, today. WIthout sunshine, my energy sags but en route, I was rewarded by an encounter with long-time friend, Deborah Kirby. It was still a lovely walk and a lovely day—made more so by news of a tax refund.

Supreme reclining at the Roundhouse. Awesome public seating.

 I am passionate about Wall Flowers. A favourite smell.

The massive container garden on the parking lot in False Creek serves restaurants and the Farmers' Markets. 
 New plantings along north False Creek.

The new entrance of Science World.

The Canoe Bridge of the Olympic Village. 

 More supreme reclining at the Olympic Village. More fabulous public seating.

His serenade drew me to the man-made island off the Olympic Village to see him.

Scented Azaleas rock my soul.

Supreme design, n'est pas?
This is a baby Gunnera- about 1.3 metres high.

On the right is a photo of a parking lot by the False Creek seawall. It is a Paulownia tomentosa. I never saw there trees here in my youth but birds are spreading their seeds and these magnificent trees are sprouting up around town. On the left is a close-up of one blue pillared blossoms.

No comments: